Publications for Students
- More Ways to Succeed in High School
These new programs are at the heart of our Student Success initiative. They give Ontario high school students more ways to accumulate credits to graduate, while improving the quality of a high school education in this province.
- Education and Career/Life Planning Program
Students develop the knowledge and skills they need to make informed choices for their education, career and life outside school. They get a chance to learn more about themselves and their opportunities, set goals and make plans to achieve them. This program helps students choose the courses and activities that support their goals and interests.
- The Provincial Code of Conduct and School Board Codes of Conduct, 2012
The Ontario Code of Conduct sets clear provincial standards of behaviour. It specifies the mandatory consequences for student actions that do not comply with these standards.
- Leading Education: New Supports for Principals and Vice-Principals in Ontario Publicly Funded Schools (December, 2005, v. 2)
Part of a series of mini discussion papers prepared for the Education Partnership Table to permit wide input to the direction of education in Ontario. This paper articulates the government's comprehensive strategy to strengthen school leadership.
- Ontario Parent Involvement Policy (December, 2005, v. 2)
Part of a series of mini discussion papers prepared for the Education Partnership Table. The Ministry of Education is striving for a new relationship among the groups that make up public education in Ontario. This paper is one of several setting out proposed government policy changes to help such a partnership to thrive.
- Teacher Excellence: Unlocking Student Potential Through Continuing Professional Development (August, 2004 v. 2)
Fifth in a series of mini discussion papers prepared for the Education Partnership Table. This paper is concerned with the ongoing continuing professional development of our teaching corps.
- Creating an Education Partnership Table (March 2004, v. 2)
First in a series of mini discussion papers prepared for the Education Partnership Table. This is the proposal for the Partnership Table: a problem-solving forum, where participants explain underlying wants and needs behind positions and bring facts to bear that allow others to appreciate their viewpoint.
- Building the Ontario Education Advantage: Student Achievement (April, 2004)
Second in a series of mini discussion papers prepared for the Education Partnership Table. The McGuinty government's vision and plans for publicly funded education.
- Revitalizing the Ontario College of Teachers (March, 2004)
Third in a series of mini discussion papers prepared for the Education Partnership Table. Key approaches of the McGuinty government for revitalizing the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Ontario Education Number (OEN): Information for Parents and Students (2003)
The OEN is a student identification number that will be assigned by the Ministry of Education to elementary and secondary students across the province. The number, which is unique to every student, will be used as the key identifier on a student's school records, and will follow the student through his or her elementary and secondary education.
- Safe Schools: Ideas Book for Students (1994)