Leadership Development: Ontario Leadership Strategy
Ontario Leadership Strategy
The Ontario Leadership Strategy was developed to foster leadership of the highest possible quality in schools and school boards.
School and system leaders play a critical role in creating the conditions of success, increasing student achievement, reducing gaps in student achievement and increasing public confidence in publicly funded education.
What is the leadership strategy?
The Ontario Leadership Strategy is a comprehensive plan of action. The strategy supports student achievement and wellbeing by attracting and developing skilled and passionate school and system leaders.
The strategy has two goals:
- Attract the right people to the principalship
- Help principals and vice-principals develop into the best possible instructional leaders
- School leaders get the supports they need to succeed in a complex and challenging role
- System leaders receive supports that enable them to foster successful school leadership
- School boards get guidance, tools and support in developing succession plans and leadership strategies
- Students receive the support they need to reach their highest potential.