Education Funding, 2016-17
Each year the ministry provides funds to school boards through a series of grants. This page contains information on this year's grants, plus links to information on grants from previous years.
Anyone interested in education funding can visit 2016-17 Education Funding: A Guide to the Grants for Student Needs
, 2.8 MB)
How are capital investments improving Ontario's publicly funded schools?
The Ontario government is investing in a variety of ways to make schools better places to learn. When students are in good learning environments, they can focus on achievement and getting better outcomes. Learn more...
Information on the 2016-17 Grants for Student Needs
March 2016 Release
- Technical Paper 2016-17 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- School Board Funding Projections for the 2016-17 School Year (PDF, 10.53 MB)
- 2016-17 Education Funding: Discussion Summary (PDF, 168 KB)
- Memorandum 2016 SB07: Special Education Funding in 2016-17 (PDF, 309 KB)
- Memorandum 2016 B07: 2016-17 School Year Education Programs – Other (EPO) Funding (PDF, 109 KB)
- Memorandum 2016: Ontario's Renewed Mathematics Strategy (PDF, 130 KB)
- 2016-17 Education Funding: A Guide to the Special Education Grant (PDF, 560 KB)
- Special Education Funding Guidelines: Special Equipment Amount (SEA), 2016-17 (PDF, 543 KB)
- Special Education Funding Guidelines: Special Incidence Portion (SIP), 2016-17 (PDF, 809 KB)