Parents Reaching Out grants have supported parent engagement across the province by funding a wide range of initiatives that help parents become more involved in their child's education. These grants support projects that help:
- Identify and reduce barriers such as language barriers to parent involvement in their children's learning
- Bring cultures together to celebrate diversity and build bridges
- Enrich parent skills and knowledge of resources such as a parent library, information packages, and information nights
- Parents address difficult issues such as bullying with their children
- Create connections between parents, schools and community services
- Provide parents with skills and resources to support their children's learning at home.
These are just a few of the stories we have heard from individual schools about how Parents Reaching Out grants are helping them connect to parents in their community.