The e-Community Ontario website
is an exciting collaborative environment for Ontario teachers, where they can communicate and share insights on a variety of professional learning topics with colleagues across the province.
Teachers participating in e-Community Ontario can:
- Share their ideas, practices, and experiences on how to best integrate e-learning into their class content.
- Seek their colleagues' input on how to complement their teaching with new and innovative ideas.
- Discuss best practices.
- Participate in professional development seminars and initiatives.
- Access white papers, research, and professional development support materials through webcasts and other media.
- Store files and share them with other community participants.
- Access web links specific to e-learning initiatives in Ontario and other jurisdictions.
- Create their own blogs and web pages, with no HTML coding required.
- Benefit from a number of other useful tools such as threaded discussions, chats, journal, and more.
How to get involved?
Teachers need to complete the self-registration application available on the e-Community Ontario website, from the home page. An e-mail notification with account details will follow once a community moderator has approved the application.
Participants interested in beginning and leading a community on a specific topic need to complete the e-Community Ontario Proposal form available on the e-Community Ontario website, from the home page.