A planned program:
- Begins with an informed understanding of what children are capable of learning and how they learn.
- Is based on ongoing collaboration, considers multiple perspectives and reflects the unique strengths, needs and interests of participating children.
- Sets specific goals to benefit all children's enjoyment, learning and development, and full participation.
- Includes goals to support the development of identity, social inclusion, health and well-being, self-regulation, physical skills, language and thinking skills, and goals to set the foundations for literacy and numeracy.
- Supports learning through active engagement, observation, experimentation, and social interaction.
- Organizes the physical space, materials, time, and experiences that support the learning process.